About Oxford Head Injury Services
Oxford Head Injury Services is a charity that works to improve people’s lives post-brain injury and ensure that families and carers are better able to cope within their caring role.
Established in 1982, Oxford Head Injury Services has over 30 years’ history of supporting those affected by acquired brain injury. We understand just how complex living with the condition can be and often how wide-ranging the effects are. Therefore, we provide individual initial assessments to tailor the support that we offer to meet your needs and aspirations.
Our Activity and Rehabilitation Centre in Kennington offers a range of activities such as Specialist Exercise, Arts and Music Therapy and more to enhance socialisation and promote rehabilitation back into everyday community life.
We also offer community support across the whole of Oxfordshire to help those who live in remote areas who cannot access our centre or simply require further support at home.
We actively promote awareness of brain injury by offering training to professionals and by running awareness raising events within schools, colleges and universities.
Oxford Head Injury Services provides a highly professional and holistic range of support to ensure that we best meet the needs of our service users, their families, and carers.
As a small voluntary sector team, we are looking for a candidate who will not only meet the specific criteria of the job role but also understand and work to the overall organisation aims and objectives and support their fellow team mates to achieve outstanding results
About the Role
As a highly successful independent voluntary sector provider of specialist support services for those affected by brain injury, Oxford Head Injury Services is looking to further develop its operational infrastructure and processes. As such, we’re looking for an Operations Manager to take ownership of a wide range of operational and administrative responsibilities. We are looking to build upon the excellent work of our previous Operations Manager in further developing our existing operational framework. The position comes with a wide remit; our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of business, financial processes and the ability to work across a range of disciplines, with the goal of facilitating the smooth and effective running of our charities day-to-day business. An understanding of the health and social care system would be an advantage, as would having been in a managerial position within these settings previously.
- Manage the implementation of company initiatives and business plans
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient company processes
- Liaise with other team members to ensure good data collection, analysis and insights
- Work closely with our partners in Health and Social Care
- Assist with financial management, planning, budgeting and forecasting – as well as processing invoices and making payments
- Take lead responsibility for our service data gathering and reporting via our CRM system
- Maintain employee files and take lead responsibility for HR matters
- Act as a key point of contact for business-related enquiries from clients and partners
- Provide general support to the CEO
Who we’re looking for…
- Unfailingly reliable, with exemplary organisational skills
- Superb attention to detail, capable of spotting the little things everyone else misses
- Working knowledge of the requirements and responsibilities of charities and/or health and social care organisations (including financial, legal and HR)
- Experience data inputting and reporting from SAGE
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets and P&L sheets
- Experience managing staff teams
- A fast learner, quick to pick up new skills, learn processes and systems
- Driven and determined, with the ability to execute at pace without compromising quality
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels
You’ll really impress us if…
- …you have experience in similar roles for organisations of a similar size and/or within the health and social care sector
- …you have a qualification in or significant experience of project management
- …you have a business degree or relevant professional qualification
- …you are highly motivated to help others
What you’ll get
- Salary of £34,000 – £38,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Annual leave allowance of 28 days plus all bank holidays.
- Good work/life balance! We have a policy of avoiding overtime wherever possible, and always offer time off in lieu of the infrequent occasions where overtime is required.
The opportunity to go home each day knowing your efforts are changing the lives of some of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable people in our community
If you are interested in the role, please contact Charlotte Carlisle by phoning 01865 326263
Closing date – Friday 13th May 2022.
Interviews – likely to be held week commencing 23rd May 2022.
Please note – Oxford Head Injury Services informs all applicants whether successful or not if they have been shortlisted for interview.
Disclaimer: if we receive a high number of applications, Oxford Head Injury Services reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure that we can manage application levels and maintain a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Thank you very much for your interest.